There are many ways to read and study the Holy Bible on iOS devices. Here are two:
- Download an epub file of that Bible translation from eBible.org/find.
- Open the epub file in iBooks.
Download PocketSword from the Apple App store.
- Select the “Downloads” icon (down arrow into a rectangle) at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the folder icon at the top right of the screen.
- Select “Refresh Source List”.
- Select “eBible.org“.
- Select the refresh icon then select “Biblical Texts”.
- Select the language you wish to read the Bible in.
- Select the translation you wish to read. (For minority languages, there is usually just one.)
- Select “Install” (upper right hand corner).
- When the dialog appears saying “No Search Index”, pray for the developer of PocketSword to have time and motivation to fix this problem, then click “Ok”.
- Select the “Bible” icon on the bottom of the screen.
- Touch the translation indicator on the upper right to select which of the installed Bible translations you wish to read.